If you’ve decided to get rid of that old worn out carpet and are not sure what to do with it, 604-Trash-It is your stress-free solution for all your carpet removal needs. Whether it is a residential or commercial space, we will pick up and haul away your carpet, underlay, and edging, ensuring all your unwanted carpet materials are properly recycled.
Did you know that carpets can be recycled? Metro Vancouver dumps up to 80 million pounds of carpet into landfills each year, and this takes over 50 years to degrade. Diverting waste away from landfills is one of our highest priorities. That is why 604-Trash-It has partnered with PAC Recycling. Together, we will help stop the flow of garbage by transforming your old carpet into new applications, like flooring products and insulation.
What Steps Do I Need To Take Before Carpet Removal and Recycling?
Here is a list of requirements for carpet pick up and recycling:
- Must be dry and free of debris.
- Rolls self-tied with carpet tail, string/twine or duct tape.
- Carpet should be cut in strips that are 4′ wide.
- Carpet tile must be palletized neatly in 4’ high stacks, strapped, and/or shrink-wrapped for stabilization during transport.
- Underlay must be free from staples and rolled separately.
- No small carpet scraps or trimmings; these go into regular waste.
- No construction debris (e.g. asbestos, sheetrock), tack strips, transition mouldings, food scraps, etc.
- No other preparation is necessary.
Your One-Shop-Stop for Carpet Recycling
At 604-Trash-It, we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service, and are committed to delivering professional carpet removal and recycling. We have the trucks and the team you need to get the job done efficiently and reliably at a price you can afford. Our experienced and friendly crew will arrive at the scheduled time, pick up your carpet, and ensure it gets recycled, saving you the hassles of having to do it yourself.